background

>

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Unless the LORD builds the house...


I was awakened at about 2:45am yesterday morning and laid awake until after 4:00.  What woke me up was a panicky feeling about where we had placed outlets upon a wall we were planning to place cabinets and because of space had made a decision not to.  Yikes!  Was there enough wiring to lower the outlets?  Should we revamp and modify cabinets to make it work in the limited space?  What should we do?

Seriously?

That should not keep a gal awake in the middle of the night.



Then I took it to God.  I said, "Lord, this is getting to me.  You are the one Who knows how things should be laid out.  You are the One Who knows what we need in order to accomplish Your purposes at Four Sisters Farm.  Please help us!"  As I pondered what God might want, Psalm 127 came to mind:


Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves.

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.


I want the LORD to build this house.  I want the LORD to watch over our farm.  I want the LORD to grant sleep to me (because I know He loves me).  We do believe our children and grandchildren are a heritage from the LORD and we feel so rewarded and blessed by them.  It is exciting to think about them being like arrows...shot out by us into this world to spread the Good News of God's love.

THAT is what Four Sisters Farm is all about!  I don't have to know the whole plan right now.  I don't have to second guess things.  I know we have to physically do the work...but I don't have to worry or fret.  That outlet is probably right where God wants it.  We will see...He will make it evident.  It will all work out and will be a blessing...and I will sleep better knowing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment