background

>

Friday, March 28, 2014

Not Everyone Can Be Perfect Like We Are (cough, cough)

A while back, I was looking over some old blog posts about our family.  I came to realize that we are fairly adept at putting our best foot forward; and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I realize that to some the Four Sisters Farm family may look, ummm, better than we really are.  To folks who don't know us well, we might even seem sort of unreal.

We do post our best pictures and write nice, funny, witty, inspiring blog posts; but  I can assure you we are real.  Oh, we clean up well; but we certainly have our faults! We are like everyone else.  We have our moments...hours...days...even weeks and sometimes months.  Come to think of it, I have a few years here and there I would just as soon forget!

Some of the Four Sisters Farm family get downright "hangry" from time to time.  In case you are not familiar with that affliction, it occurs when someone gets so hungry they become angry.  (ANGER) Trust me, it is not a pretty sight!  I am not personally prone to this condition, but I've seen it...a lot.  I don't have any pictures of family members experiencing "hanger" because, quite frankly, I would be afraid of what they might do to me if they knew I was taking their picture when they are hangry.  (Shudder.)

We definitely have bad hair days!  The Four Sisters look great in hats on bad hair days but I do not.  I don't know why.  So I have to admit that once in a while I panic about my hair and chop parts of it off.  Once, just days after birthing one of the four sisters, I decided my hair was too long and there was no way I'd be able to go somewhere for a cut.  (LACK of CONTENTMENT) Let's just say that when Pop came home from work and saw me he just had to know what happened...he was probably wondering if I was suffering from severe post-partum depression and thinking he might need to rescue the children from a similar hairdo.  If he did think that, he just had to wait a few years until I did again when I hadn't just given birth.

The last time I chopped my hair was just about a year ago.  Yeah, you would think I'd learn, right?  It just so happens that Farm Chick, Pretty Princess, Rock Star, and I all go to the same awesome hair stylist.  She is SO awesome that sometimes I have trouble getting an appointment with her.  About the time I had chopped away, Farm Chick had an appointment and she told our stylist on me!  Can you imagine???  She told her that I tell people about her doing my hair and how much I like her and how badly something like this could reflect on her.  Well...I didn't take that lying down!  No Way!

The next time I went in to get my hair done (it was a while, because it had to grow back out a little), I laughed with our stylist and related a story about Farm Chick when she was small.  She opened up a beauty shop in the bedroom she shared with her sisters and proceeded to cut not only her own hair, but Rock Star's hair as well.  I actually handled it pretty well but, darn it, I always trimmed my girls' hair and folks who knew us knew that I did.  (PRIDE) I was somewhat tickled but also somewhat mortified that someone would think I had given my little beauties these haircuts!  Anyway, I provided this picture to our stylist with the request that she simply hang it on her mirror the next time Farm Chick had an appointment...and to my delight she remembered.  I got a text from Farm Chick while she was getting her hair done...it said, "Well played, Mom."

I still giggle when I look at the haircut picture.  Even with their "special bangs" they are precious.  They are also really good sports.  I don't think I have any pictures of myself on bad hair days but I will watch my back now!

At times we can be sarcastic, use humor that stings, and sometimes be just about as fun as a grumpy cat with all its claws.  (COARSE JOKING) I mean, sometimes, some of us can be pretty "ugly"!  I don't blog about those things...because no one would appreciate it.  And if I DID, someone might blog about me!  Grandma and Grandpa Mac raised me and my siblings with sound advice.  One of the things Grandma told us was, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

If you wonder about us, come hang out a while...or let us know...we can put you in touch with people who have seen us act human for sure.  But along with our human faults, we carry with us something amazing. Something that truly helps.

It is the love of God...THAT is what makes the difference at Four Sisters Farm.  We hurt each other, we falter; but we keep letting God work on us and trust that while He is doing that, He is working on others as well.

1 Peter 4:8-10 says, "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.  Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." 

No comments:

Post a Comment