background

>

Monday, February 6, 2017

Grammy's Teddy Bear

When I celebrated my 15th birthday some years ago, Pop was my boyfriend...not my husband just yet.  He gave me a big teddy bear for that birthday that I still have and the old guy has shown some wear and tear lately..the bear...not Pop. The grandkids have had different reactions to this teddy bear that Pop named Albert all those years ago...Albert is not so plush and cuddly as he once was and his red felt tongue mostly came off a long time ago.  To add insult to injury, one toddling grandchild chewed most of his nose off.

Just the other day, our Superhero grandkids were visiting at the farm while their folks went on a date and tender-hearted Supergirl had several of the Four Sisters Farm stuffed animals out to play and noticed Albert had a rip under one arm. She came asking for help and of course I was happy to oblige. After all, we can't have animal stuffing falling out around here!

We checked Albert into our makeshift teddy bear hospital (my sewing space) and got to work stitching up the hole under his arm. Supergirl and I were joined by two of her superhero brothers who were interested in Albert's well being. One commented that Albert needed his nose fixed and the other that he needed a smile where his tongue had been.

We fixed him up and now I regret that we didn't get a picture when he checked in...but we did take a picture after his makeover with the superheroes for the world to see and sent pics immediately to the Four Sisters to let them know that Albert had undergone plastic surgery and they all replied...but Pretty Princess really cracked me up with her response.  She said, "Ha ha!  Roarnoplasty seems to be the latest in bear plastic surgeries these days!" All the Four Sisters make me laugh but they know one of my favorite things is a good pun.  Nicely done, Pretty Princess! 



No comments:

Post a Comment