background

>

Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Shoes

His and Hers

Aren't we so cute!

Here is a random fact about us.  EJ has purchased my tennis shoes for me for years.  Site unseen.  He knows to buy me something girly that I can exercise in.  We have a local shoe store where we purchase our tennis shoes and if by chance he gets something that doesn't work they allow us to return them and try again.  I think that has only happened once in 8 years.

I don't really know how it started.  I think he was just in there buying shoes one day and decided to get me a pair too. 

If you know me well, you know this is a weird phenomenon.  I like to pick everything out.  I may have a bit of a control issue.  But when it comes to my tennis shoes I am perfectly happy to be surprised. 

Today, EJ, the cowboys and I happened to be down town near our little shoe store.  He mentioned that it was probably time for new shoes for both of us. 

Would you believe I picked out my own shoes?

Ironically, they were the female version of the ones he chose for himself.  I didn't know that when I chose them.

It was fun to shoe shop together for once but I don't think I want to make it a habit. 

I like being surprised by the shoes my sweetheart buys me. 

It is kind of romantic even.

Who knew tennis shoes could be romantic?

No comments:

Post a Comment