background

>

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rooted and Established as Winter Lingers


My fascination with the intertwined trees continues.  Each time I pass these trees, I pause and take them in.  Sometimes I snap a new picture.  This pair...this couple has become representative of marriage in my mind; and there is often a new thought when I gaze upon them.  Sometimes it is a fleeting thought and other times requires some pondering.  I love their pose...they depict a lifetime of commitment...joined together...an embrace of sorts.  Us against the world, the elements, whatever comes...we will stand together.

With snow on the ground right now and spring imminent, our weather has been wildly unpredictable.  I don't seem to know how to dress for the day and realize I'm not the only one.  If you look closely at the trees, they are wearing buds...dressed for spring but standing in the snow.  Regardless of the weather, they are still together...making it work...planning for the next season...arms uplifted and praising their creator.

I know God has the seasons in His hands...not just for the trees, but for me and those I love as well.  I will try to enjoy each season, each day, looking to Him for what comes next and knowing that He will provide what is needed.

Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said:  "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.  He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others.  He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.  He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." (Daniel 2:21b-22)  


No comments:

Post a Comment