background

>

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

I never do Black Friday shopping.  I usually purchase gifts through the year and put them away.  This year I just didn't get that done.

So I devised a plan.

We stayed overnight at EJ's folks on Thanksgiving night so we could leave our sleeping children in their care.  Then we got up in the 3 o'clock hour in order to make it to Target at 4am. 

I have NEVER seen Target like that.  There were so many people in line that it was outrageous.  When we got there the line was moving so we didn't have to wait long.  When we got through the doors we went for it.  EJ went one way and I went another.  We met up to compare notes and then waited in line to check out.  We were in and out of Target in less than 1 hour. 

Next we were off to Walmart, then Best Buy, then Ace Hardware, then Home Depot, then Verizon, then Breakfast, then World Market, and then back to Target. 

I had SO MUCH FUN! 

EJ was an awesome Black Friday partner.  I think it was his competitive nature.  He was going to win and that worked well for me!  I just had to make sure his list was specific.

It was sort of like an 8 hour date.  With the kiddos at Papa and Grandma's place we were foot loose and fancy free.  Even if it was at 4am!

The best part...my shopping is 99% complete.  Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment