background

>

Monday, August 20, 2012

I Love Susan Winget's Art Work!

I first discovered Susan Winget's art work in the form of a 2009 Lang calendar at Cracker Barrel and have admired her work ever since.  One of her calendar pages (September 2010) became the inspiration for much of the decor in our recently renovated kitchen.  I had previously framed select calendar pages for our mud room which helped its dated appearance tremendously...we will soon be tackling that space to update it and Susan's art will show up again when that project is completed!

I kept the colors in mind as I chose cabinetry, counter top, flooring, and paint colors.  I pinned it on one of my many Pinterest boards and showed it to my friends and family as things developed.

I thought I would like the more primitive rooster at the bottom of this picture more than the whimsical ones...but whimsy won out in the end. I love them so much that I meticulously cut them out and decoupaged them onto a box that holds my tea bags and sits near my Keurig!

I also purchased an inexpensive canvas and tried out some latex and acrylic paints, stick on letters, and Modge Podge.  I LOVE it!

Here it is in my kitchen!

And here is a closeup...it deserves it...just look at those roosters!!

Susan lives and works from her studio on a farm in North Carolina.  She blogs, uses facebook, and even has a Pinterest account...which is where she saw my inspiration board containing her awesome roosters!!  I hope you will visit her website and check out her work...the roosters are just the tip of the iceberg!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment