background

>

Monday, December 7, 2009

I will kick you in the head to get out of here!


This weekend I had the privilege of attending a conference with about half of the ladies from my women's bible study group. We went on a little road trip, stayed in a great hotel, worshiped the Lord, learned from His word, ate some delicious food and had some big laughs.
As you all know, we are waiting for our newest niece to be born. This sweet little girl is on my mind constantly (as well as her momma). I knew that my trip this weekend could be risky. If Rock Star went into labor I would have to find my way 3 hours back home. I kept my cell phone on me at all times in case I got "the call."
On Friday night, we were sitting in our seats listening to Kay Arthur teach out of Hebrews. You have to understand that I was sitting at this conference with around 9,000 of my closest friends. It was a huge group of women. We were in stadium seating that you could hardly get in and out of. You know the kind...your knees are almost touching the back of some other lady's head.
Low and behold, my cell phone rings. I look on the caller ID. THIS IS IT! It's from Rock Star. My mind starts to race. I look to my left, women. I look to my right, more women. How am I going to get out of here fast? Then I look above me. There is no one in the seat above me or the seat above that. If I can scale those two seats I can get out.
All right, it's on.
I stepped on my chair with my cowboy boot and whipped my other leg up to get over the back of the seat. I practiced that move two more times and I was out! I don't think I kicked anyone in the head but I can't be certain. It's a matter of life people. I'm not missing my niece entering this world!
"Sis?" I say, as I catch my breath.
Rock Star, "I have the worst timing!"
Me, "What? Are you in labor?"
Rock Star, "No, I totally forgot you were going to be at that conference. I'm so sorry!"
Me, "Well, I needed a break anyway. What's up?"
Rock Star, "Nothin'"

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I can just picture the whole thing in my mind.

    Can't wait to hear about supergirl's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical!! Wasn't the conference fabulous?!?

    I can't wait to see pictures of the precious new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently Rock Star inherited my keen sense of timing! I finished reading this a while ago and am still laughing...thanks for the post Farm Chick! And hurry up little Supergirl...I can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete