background

>

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Standing up to the mom

On a recent car ride back to the farm, I laid back my boys' seats. We have built in car seats in our minivan and they rock for car naps. The problem...my boys hate it when I lay back their seats because they know I want them to rest. As we all know it is against some kind of "childhood code" to actually admit that you need a nap.

I explained to a hysterical Bubba that he just needed to rest for a while as I drove us home.

The weeping a wailing continued for what seemed like an eternity. Then Bubba regained his composure and looked at his brother.

"We're not going to sleep, are we Wubba?!?!" In his most obstinate voice.

I felt like the song "We're not gonna take it" was playing in the background. Isn't it a little early for them to form a rebellion and attempt to oust me?

The mutiny was short lived as both boys were lulled to sleep within the next 5 minutes or so. It was a fantastic attempt on their part but once again...

Win one for momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment