background

>

Monday, February 23, 2009

I go shopping in my basement

After 8 months of living here, I have finally filled the pantry. I kept meaning to do it but other things always got in the way. I love the prices I find at Aldi but the closest Aldi is not close at all. I hardly ever get there. One recent Friday afternoon I talked my "anti-shopping" husband into going with me. Pretty Princess came over to watch the cowboys and away we went. We filled two carts to overflowing. It was awesome to get it all organized and finally have a plan. Both fridges/freezers are full as well. The only thing I will need to purchase at the grocery store is fresh fruit, veggies & milk. If the chickens kick it in gear I won't have to buy eggs either. Do you notice all the boxes of diapers? I hit the sale of the century at Target. Those boxes are normally priced at $25 each. Well, I happened upon a clearance and purchased them for $12.50 each. And I had coupons! I ended up paying $11 per box. That is unheard of when it comes to name brand diapers. (I am not a diaper snob...Wubba can't wear anything else because of his super sensitive skin)

I can't wait until my pantry is full of my own canned products...salsa, spaghetti sauce, pickles, etc. How exciting! I guess I better make sure my whole family is planning to help "put up" the garden this year. There is going to be a lot of food!

1 comment:

  1. Did you about hyperventilate when you found that diaper deal??? Sometimes when I find a good deal like that I break out in sweats and then begin strategizing how I can get to the next location across town to buy them out as well. It really is an illness. Pray for me.
    :) Kristen

    ReplyDelete