background

>

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You know you live in the country when...

Your neighbor calls to ask if you want to come meet a newborn baby goat. Yes, please! The boys and I were fascinated. It was amazing to watch this little one try to get up and walk.

Speaking of the neighbors....this fancy baby goat (what are they called as babies?) belongs to our neighbors to the south, the Spice Family. We have had so much fun getting to know them. They have 5 children and they homeschool. They grow a gorgeous garden each year and even sell their tasty tomatoes at a farmer's market. We have a lot to learn from them! I told them the other night that what we lack in knowledge we make up in enthusiasm. I think after hearing a few of EJ's stories they agree!

3 comments:

  1. Baby goats are called kids. I refer to my CHILDREN as kids, or call them kid as a nickname when I am referring to them, and it really upsets Jackie. We hope to get goats one day.

    It is my dream job to sell veggies at a farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I wondered where the "Spice" girls were these days! Ha! How fun to go see a newly born "kid." Ah...life on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Monica! I need an education when it comes to farm lingo!

    Mom, I've been thinking about what name to give each of the Spices...Rosemary, etc. Fun!

    ReplyDelete