background

>

Sunday, March 27, 2011

sweet words of comfort


Bubba had been playing outside one afternoon.  He came running in the house with a handful of flowers.

Bubba: "Mommy, these are for you!"
Me: "Wow, buddy!  Thank you so much."
Bubba: "They are for you because the babies died."
Me: "Bubba, it blesses my heart that you were thinking of me.  These flowers make me so happy!"


After EJ and I returned home from the doctor's office, little Wubba met me at the door.

Wubba: "Mommy!  You are home!  Are you all better now?"
Me: "I am starting to feel better!"

Later Wubba was snuggling with me on the couch.  He looked at me, touched my face with both his little hands and said, "Mommy, your face is cool.  I like your face.  Your face is beautiful!"

Be still my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Precious boys! This is the type of caring, sensitive love that will help them grow to be wonderful husbands.

    ReplyDelete