background

>

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What do you think of the farm Sis?

So, the first time I laid eyes on the four sisters farm I was a little....ummm... concerned. I LOVED the land, loved the virtually allergy free house (after much work) and I loved that my boys were immediately transformed into different children! My oldest is a bit shy and cautious, but not at the farm! Here he is free and silly! But back to my initial thoughts! I scoped the place out, walked around a bit and discovered two things that I'm not particularly fond of. So when dad asked me "what do you think of the farm, sis?" I said, "I love it! I just don't like bugs and poop." I didn't mean it to be funny, but dad was pretty amused. I'm sure I sounded like a silly city girl, but this girl knows what she likes and those two things are not on the list. 
Now that I've spent some time there, I am in love! Bugs, poop and all. Well, I don't love the bugs and poop, but you get what I mean. I'm thankful beyond words for this place that my boys will flourish. What a blessing God has given this family.

4 comments:

  1. We're all glad you can over look those pesky poos and bugs for us! LOL You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your superman feels so free out here. I love watching him outside with Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, Rockstar, I don't like the bugs and poop either. I have begun to understand the value of the poop for fertilizing the garden but I haven't figured out the bugs for sure...unless it food for the birds???

    I also love to watch the Superheros flying at the farm...but they like home cooking, not bugs. It all works out and it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is EJ, certain bugs are good for the garden...like you really want to have a bunch of worms. Also there are other bugs that help that I really don't like...IE BEES! They help polinate. I'm getting better about them. In fact I'm liking more and more the idea of a hive. For honey and for the better polination.

    By the way, if you'd like to stay away from POOP...please be advised that I'm going to be bringing in two truck loads of compost...IE POOP here in the next couple of weeks for the garden.

    ReplyDelete