background

>

Saturday, March 28, 2009

11 hours without power






The storm was beautiful but incredibly inconvenient! We lost power off and on last night and then lost it from 9am - 8pm today. Fantastic! What do responsible parents do in a situation like this. Well, wrap everyone up and head out to play in the snow, of course.
Obviously, I was not concerned with fashion at this moment. It was freezing and I grabbed the closest stocking cap. It just happened to be hunter orange! Bubba was ready to roll as soon as we said "Snow Boots!" He had lots of fun helping Daddy do chores even in the cold!Wubba on the other hand was saying, "Momma" as in "Hold me! It's way too cold out here!" As you can see he found a better spot on Pop's lawn mower. His Thomas Train snow boots sure are cute!Poor flowers!
Coal says, "I'm going home to live with Grammy & Pop"
Speaking of Grammy & Pop, thanks for buying a generator! This little beauty (okay, not little, it weighs 175lbs!) saved the day!
We spent a lot of time hanging out and being silly in the house today. Wubba brought out these shoes for me to put on. Bubba said, "Mommy, these are your princess shoes! They are for grills (girls)." I happily put them on and I have to say I was stylin' in my pink flannel PJ pants and these hot momma pumps. I put these shoes to good use and danced with the boys in the kitchen!

This little buckaroo was looking good in Daddy's cowboy boot.
Thankfully, the generator allowed me to fire up the 'ol microwave and warm up some meatloaf and bake potatoes. Look at that tasty salad! We weren't roughing it at all!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What winter fun!! I'm glad you documented it. Pop and I are totally smitten by the frosted barn photo and need that one blown up for sure! We are also totally sure that Coal does NOT want to move back to SC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is EJ, Coal really wants to move just about anywhere but here. In fact if Romeo really wanted to win some brownie points I'm sure that he'd already be coming over to save his princess' kitty. REALLY COME GET HIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our power was out all weekend. We had to bail out and stay with the folks. Funny though, the first night when we were gathering up extension cords and running the generator, I was wearing a hunter orange stocking cap...

    ReplyDelete