background

>

Monday, March 23, 2009

The most gardening done yet...

So Saturday we needed to get some more things done on the garden before it got much more warm. So we were out both Farm Chick (FC) and I and the cowboys. This is the first time we were going to try to do all of this together. I have done most of the gardening on my own while the cowboys were playing or FC was doing various other things. So now we were all out there getting our hands dirty. To get ready to garden, I put the gate up and put some toys in with the tires for the boys. I had especially built this area for us to keep the boys in and NOT in the garden stepping on stuff and digging things up...etc. So as you see it here is how it sat for most of the time that we were out there because the littlest cowboys thought that since his mommy was there that he had to be right at her heels. This didn't make for a good time for FC and I.

So I had to take matters into my own hands....I parked the tractor just outside the fence and look who was playing, just sitting on the seat for around 2 hours of his Saturday!!!

So we planted green onions (sets) pictured here... red and yellow...around 120+ of them.
Here's another picture of them...with the eldest cowboy. He helped us pack them into the soil, and put them into the valley.

Then we also planted regular onions and lettuce. We planted around 132 onions by my count, I did them in staggering 3 rows here. Right next to the lettuce that we planted also, which is between them and the peas. They look soooo good now just standing straight up and already there. We even have about 30-50 onions left over that we could plant later if we wanted to.

We then planted 7 strawberry plants and a blueberry plant in our raised bed that you can see in the background here. So we now have 9 different things in the ground growing. OH AND WE HAVE PEAS that have germinated! WAHOO!!! I won't have to plant but a couple of things in April, and then another 9 things in May. So we'll have a break for a while. However tomorrow we get our drip system and I'm sure that I'll be more excited than a 4 year old on Christmas eve when I get home tomorrow night, ready to set it up!
Keep posted on the updates on how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment