background

>

Saturday, March 14, 2009

ANOTHER EMERGENCY VET VISIT!!!

Well, we noticed something wrong with one of our chickens. It was acting very weird. I inspected it and noticed that it had an egg stuck in its backside. The problem was that this was several days ago. It still had the egg stuck yesterday evening, so after all the problems with our other animal, Daisy; Farm Chick made me take the chicken to the vet also. So there I was walking into the vet with my layer that wasn't laying because she was "Egg Bound." I talked to our wonderful vet and he tried to just pull it out as I had, however quickly realized that it was REALLY stuck. So he had to put her under and perform a quick emergency surgery to get the egg out. He said that that was necessary to help make sure that there wouldn't be any infection behind the egg inside her. So now we owe the vet ANOTHER $300!!! Can you believe that!??!! What is wrong with this world! Ok so this didn't really happen, I made the whole thing up because I'm full of manuer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank God you did not spend $300 on a chicken. I would have called Dave Ramsey myself and had an intervention. The dog is stressing me out enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EJ - have you heard the story about the boy who cried wolf??????

    ReplyDelete