background

>

Monday, March 30, 2009

Why?

Why does Starbucks coffee taste so much better than the coffee I brew at home. I even use Starbucks coffee at home? What is their secret? What do they put in there? Is it the little cup that I'm in love with? I kept my cup from a recent Starbucks visit and rinsed it out. The next day after brewing my own coffee at home I put it in the cup to see how I would feel about things. Nope, not the same.

This issue is bothering me for two reasons. 1. Since I moved out to the country I don't make it to "town" as much as I used to. This means way less visits to Starbucks. 2. EJ and I have been taking a course at church called Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. With my new found budgeting skills I have to think before I spend. Geez, accountability! I have already changed my order from a mocha $4.04 to a black coffee with room for cream and sugar $2.02.

Any Barista's out there who can let me in on the secret? I want to brew this tasty concoction at home! :)

6 comments:

  1. 1. I'm fully convinced it's laced with crack cocaine.

    2. Dave Ramsey rocks my face off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jennifer that it must be laced with crack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR JUST SO USE TO THAT TASTE, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD. ONCE YOU STOP DRINKING IT SO MUCH, YOU'LL LOOSE THE GREAT TASTE AND ENJOY WHAT YOU'VE BREWED.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is the same thing that McDonalds sprinkles on their fries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - so I'm not a barista - I don't even drink coffee... (I am a serious tea-aholic, tho - and yes, I told my husband to scrap any future jewelery gifts and just keep my Starbucks card loaded!)

    BUT... I know a girl at church, and her husband is a manager of one of my favorite nearby Starbuck's, and they BOTH insist it's all about the machine you're making your coffee with.

    Remembering that I'm not a coffee drinker (and neither is my husband) we had occasion to purchase a pretty top of the line coffee maker some time back - long story - but suffice it to say our Bible Study group ends up being the recipient of it's output. They are ALL big time coffee drinkers with decent coffee makers at home - but all insist the coffee from this maker is better than good. I don't know if it's because of the gold filter, or what - but they love it.

    Now... here I am stuck at home and not able to (walk or) drive - and all I can think about is a Venti Iced Green Tea, no classic, with extra ice, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you grind your own beans? Fresh grounds make a big difference. Sbux stores uses ALOT of coffee, as well (i.e. strong). And they use filtered water. But I think it has alot to do with the ambiance of the store (even if you get it to go or drive through) and that cup! I have learned to do most of my coffee making at home and have learned to LOVE it! It's so worth saving the money and making the trip to the store a special event (which is sounds like it is anyway!)

    ReplyDelete